I'm an IT professional with over 10 years of experience assuming increased and varied responsibilitesAbout.
ALEXANDRA K. MIRALAEFF, CAPM
Aurora, IL 60502 ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org
A results oriented and versatile professional with over 10 years experience assuming increased responsibilities in an application software development environment. Experienced in managing the full life-cycle development efforts of specific functional areas, coaching and mentoring human resources, interfacing with business partners, and administering projects. Industry experience in telecommunications, credit, financial services, manufacturing and healthcare.
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
CVS Health, Pharmacy Benefit Management business, Northbrook, Illinois 5/2015 – 9/2015
PMO Junior Project Manager/Project Coordinator
- Project management support within the Data and Analytics’ area of CVS to one Program Manager and a team of 6 Project Manager’s all responsible for several projects that were a part of a major data warehouse legacy decommissioning program.
- Performed weekly updates of key project artifacts such as stakeholder status presentations, issue, and defect logs.
- Captured, communicated, and followed-up on meeting action items. Reviewed overdue actions or issues and contacted team members for updates.
- Prepared ad hoc deliverables for supported Project Managers such as RACI matrices, project estimates, and meeting minutes. Also, tracked project costs to approved budgets.
The Boston Consulting Group, Chicago,
10/2013 – 12/2013
- Managed the software development lifecycle for four internal web-based applications using the Agile methodology.
- Coordinated, scheduled, and assigned project tasks and reported on project progress in terms of quality and performance metrics.
- Collaborated with delivery team of developers and designers.
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois 2003 to 2007
MIS Graduate Student – have completed 90% of coursework required for graduation
SBC (Currently AT&T), General Business Services Division, Chicago, Illinois 1997 to 1999
· Directed the software development efforts of an Oracle based Marketing decision support system for the Commercial sector of SBC.
· Led the Adhoc reporting efforts for divisional data warehouse that assisted in divisional marketing decision making.
· Facilitated activities of business partner community and business analysts to understand and prepare business requirements and to translate into functional specifications.
· Developed and executed detailed project plans and provided key stakeholders with both verbal and written status communications.
· Controlled scope of projects and was designated point person for questions and issue resolution.
· Worked with business partners for project sign-off during user acceptance testing.
· Effectively recruited and managed a team of 6 resources with diverse technical skill sets.
Cincinnati Bell Information Systems, Itasca, Illinois 1996 to 1997
- Led the development efforts of several key modifications for a major client of CBIS, a cellular billing processing vendor.
- Worked with external clients to understand functional needs and with internal technical staff to develop modifications.
TransUnion Corporations, Decision Systems Division, Chicago, Illinois 1993 to 1995
- Led development and post production efforts for APPS, a vendor credit application processing system, for the financial and retail industries.
- Managed many aggressive direct mail credit card campaigns for new acquisition marketing that increased business partner credit card portfolio by several hundred thousand new card holders.
- Strong working knowledge of campaign management, processing, and credit bureau management.
- Introduced and implemented project management methodologies to manage projects through to completion.
- Recognized by management as a leader with strong interpersonal skills and was selected in assisting with human resource issues outside core team of direct reports.
- Interacted with a variety of management levels.
Andersen Consulting (Currently Accenture), Chicago, Illinois 1985 to 1992
- Managed several teams through the vendor application software development life cycle of design, implementation, and general product release within the Application Products Division.
- Directed multiple design and programming teams that built state-of-the-art versions of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application software. New and existing applications included a complex multi-plant and order processing implementation and purchasing interface design.
- Identified as a strong technical/functional architect who was selected as a leader of a multi-cultural, off-shore design team.
- Planned and managed a comprehensive five-month system test. Reduced known defects of a 2 million-line software product by 90% to fewer than 50 items.
- Actively contributed and participated in user conferences.
- Developed personnel through formal performance appraisals and informal mentoring.
- Counseled several staff for purposes of career planning, establishing training requirements, and identifying and resolving issues.
- Interviewed and recruited professional staff.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, DeKalb, Illinois
Major: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Minor: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Major: Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MIS) (expected graduation May 2017)
Certificate of Graduate Study in Management Information Systems
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) using the PMBOK knowledge base
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE
IBM PC and Compatibles, Oracle SQL, MS/Word, MS/EXCEL, MS/Project, MS/PowerPoint, HTML, MS/OneNote, SharePoint, Clarity, COBOL, SAP